COMMUNITY LAKES ASSOCIATION
GREENWOOD SINCE 1986 WOODSTOCK
The Community Lakes Association protects and improves the ecosystems of our lakes and ponds and promotes respectful stewardship among all users of the waterways in Greenwood and Woodstock.
We accomplish this by:
- Educating ourselves and others on issues and practices that help preserve our ponds.
- Supporting activities that assure maintenance of high environmental standards.
- Fighting the introduction or spread of invasive species.
Membership is open to everyone who loves these ponds and lakes.
News and Events
- The 2020 Annual Meeting of the Community Lakes Association will be held at the old Greenwood Town Hall, Route 26, on Saturday, July 11, 2020.
Time: 8:30am - 9:00am - Coffee and Registration
9:00am - 10:30am – Meeting
- 2020 Invasive Plant Patrol (IPP) Paddle Schedule:
Round Pond - 18 July
Indian Pond - 22 August
Please Mark Your Calendars!!
CLA has undertaken a multi-year effort to rid invasive plants from several of our ponds. Although we have dedicated members and grants to assist us, we can't do it alone - we desperately need volunteers for everything from planning to monitoring to assisting with removal. If you can spare a few hours, please contact us.