Mud Pond is located south of Hicks Pond, along the Greenwood Road. Mud Pond had no access road until the Greenwood Road was built along its eastern shore around 1820. If there were any early settlers along the eastern shore, their names have been lost over the years.
The oldest camp was built across the road from the pond sometime in the early 1900s. Today it is known as Sawyer's Camp, but no one knows who built it. In recent years a camp was built on the east shore of the pond and a number of camps have been built across the road from the pond.